ATSIEB new members welcomed
The ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body held its first meeting on Wednesday, 4 August 2021 to welcome the newly Elected Body members.
Newly elected ATSIEB Chair, Mrs Lynnice Church said she is excited and looking forward to leading the Elected Body and working closely with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community for the coming 3 year term.
Mrs Church advised that the group of new and returning members have a wealth of experience and passion for improving the lives of Elders, families, children and young people and each bring a unique perspective to the important work ahead.
‘I would also like to acknowledge the previous members and Chairperson Katrina Fanning for the work they have done in relation to the ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Agreement 2019—2028 (Whole of Government Agreement) which has set a foundation by which we can build accountability to deliver equitable outcomes to improve the lives of all members in our community.’
Tanya Keed was confirmed as the Deputy Chair.
As part of the meeting, the following Elected Body members were assigned ACT Government Directorate responsibilities:
- Lynnice Church – Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development; Major Projects, Canberra Institute of Technology
- Tanya Keed – Community Services Directorate
- Maurice Walker – ACT Education
- Margaret Blackman – Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate
- Jo Chivers – Justice and Community Safety Directorate
- Leah House – ACT Health and Canberra Health Services
- Paula McGrady – Transport and City Services Directorate
ATSIEB Chairperson, Mrs Lynnice Church
5 August 2021