What do you want to see in the new Closing the Gap Partnership?
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations from around the country have been negotiating directly with all levels of government for a new National Agreement on Closing the Gap – the Elected Body has been actively involved in this process to date.
We are hosting two forums so that we can speak directly with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in our community. The forums will cover:
- Developments in the Closing the Gap refresh and how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are being represented in the process;
- Seeking your views about what is needed to make the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, families and children, better;
- Getting your feedback on the priority reform areas being proposed such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander led decision making, growth of the community-controlled sector and improving the mainstreams ability to deliver appropriate services to our people; and
- Seeking your views on the new Closing the Gap targets agreed to by the Council of Australian Governments in draft form in December 2018.
For further information: www.strongfamilies.act.gov.au/home/closing-the-gap-conversations
Boomanulla Oval, 169 Goyder Street, Narrabundah
- Thursday 17 October 2019 from 4 – 6pm – BBQ; and
- Monday 28 October 2019 from 12 – 2pm – lunch provided.